June 26-30 | Ritz Carlton, Laguna Niguel, CA
(formerly Annual Meeting)
BEMA's 2017 Convention will be held June 26-30 at the Ritz Carlton in Laguna Niguel, CA. The meeting features four customer insight sessions this year: Organic Baking, Tortilla & Flatbread, Canadian Baking Industry and a Clif Bar case study. Confirmed speakers include:
The Convention also features BEMA's networking events including small group dinners with bakers, golf and tours, as well as BEMA Connect, one-on-one meetings with bakers.
Download Draft Agenda
2017 Convention Highlights
- BEMA Connect - one-on-one meetings between bakers & suppliers. It's speed dating for business!
- Unique Networking Events & Tours
Customer Insight Panels*
- Clif Bar Case Study: Rich Berger
- Canadian Baking Industry
- John Garofalo, Weston Bakeries
- Patrick Dionne, Canada Bread
- Dave LaMothe, Premiere Moisson
- Baking Industry Forum (BIF) Insights - Confirmed BIF Bakers:
- Pat Wilkens, East Balt
- Mike Fronczak, Dawn Foods
- Mario Somoza, Pan Pepin
- Karl Thorson, General Mills
- Organic Baking Panel
- Tortilla/Flatbread Panel
*additional baker guests to be confirmed
Annual Meeting 2016 held in Hot Springs, VA was one of BEMA's largest ever with more than 40% more member companies attending over recent years, and 30 representatives from snack producers and baking companies, an increase from 19 in 2015. In addition, there were 33 first-time attendees at the meeting, a 50% increase from recent years.